What is corrosion?
It is the irreversible damage or destruction of living tissue or material due to a chemical or electrochemical reaction (from the Latin word corrodes, meaning "to gnaw").
A prime example of corrosion is rusting of iron or steel.
Our Product Range
Sika corrosion protection coating systems for steel structures have been developed for a wide range of application fields:
- Traffic construction and infrastructure, e.g. bridges, airports and railway stations
- Interior and exterior steel structures, exposed to various environmental conditions
- Hydraulic steel structures
- Internal linings for tanks, vessels and pipework
- Wind energy turbines, onshore and offshore
- Power supply, e.g. power stations, pipelines or transmission towers
- Chemical industry
Each of these application fields has specific requirements in terms of mechanical and chemical resistance, temperature shock resistance, UV-resistance, design and surface preparation.